Monday, February 2, 2009

Meteorological speaking...

To the tune of, "I've got my love to keep me warm."

The snow is snowing,
The wind is blowing,
So how will I make my way home?
What do I care how much it may storm?
So long as trains take me home again.

But they don't run if there's
Snow or sun or there's
Leaves all over the line!
Trains are English; they're only on time,
On cloudy, grey and drizzly, rainy days.

On with my overcoat,
On with my gloves,
Standing on a platform waiting,
For trains that don't come.

I should have noticed
What the Met office
Predicted would happen today,
But instead I went on my way,
And now the trains won't take me home again.

Yes, it's snowing - very heavily, relatively speaking, for this part of England. No, I don't know if the trains will run this afternoon, but it seems unlikely. Sigh.

No comments: